Your Orthopaedic & Sports Specialist
Locations: Wayne, Englewood, Paramus
William A. Matarese, M.D. is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Matarese is also the Chairman of Orthopedics at Saint Joseph ‘s Wayne Hospital.
Dr. Matarese earned his medical degree from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine in 1983 after his undergraduate education at Columbia University. He completed a general surgery internship at Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center. He has completed his orthopedic surgery residency at St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center. He is fellowship trained in total joint arthroplasty and limb lengthening at the Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopedic Institute in New York, NY.
Dr. Matarese has published several articles in peer-reviewed publications, including Surgical Rounds for Orthopedics, Journal of Arthroplasty, Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, and NJOS/NYSSOS.His professional memberships include:
- New Jersey Orthopedic Society (NJOS)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Academy of Medicine – New Jersey
- New Jersey Medical Society
- Seak Medical Examiners
- Wayne Surgical Center 1176 Hamburg Tpke,Wayne NJ / Elite Surgical Center 307 Hamburg Tpke, Wayne, NJ.
- St. Josephs of Wayne, Wayne, NJ – Chairman, Dept. of Orthopedics
- St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center, Paterson, NJ – Attending Surgeon, Dept. of Orthopedics
- Chilton Memorial Hospital, Pompton Plains, NJ – Attending Surgeon, Dept. of Orthopedics
- Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ – Attending Surgeon, Dept. of Orthopedics